Network Team Leader, Dublin, leading telecoms firm, permanent, hybrid role.
Network Team Lead
Our client is dynamic telecoms firms with enviable growth and due to this continued growth is now hiring for the key role of Network Team Lead. This is a permanent role and is hybrid, with 2 days office based and 3 days at home. Their offices are located in the D17 region of Dublin. Attractive base salary, pension, life insurance etc are on offer.
Network Team Lead
The Network Team Lead will report to the Head of Engineering and will manage a multi-function networks/voice engineering team. The role will encompass overseeing the day-to-day operations of a network/voice team, ensuring the reliable functioning of network/voice infrastructure. You will lead and mentor a team of network/voice engineers, provide technical guidance, and coordinate related projects to achieve optimal platforms performance and reliability.
- Excellent communication skills both interpersonal and documentation.
- Experience in a network and voice design and operation environment gained in an ISP or telco environment.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of telecoms transmission & routing principles.
- Minimum of 10 years networking experience, in a telecommunications environment.
- Experience in leading teams of engineers in a results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Alcatel/Nokia/Cisco/Fortinet (routers/switches/Firewalls)
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF.
- Experience with ISP Peering maintenance and troubleshooting including understanding of Internet Routing norms.
- A broad awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
- Strong knowledge of service provider networking/voice concepts and theory.
- Experience in operational support in a service provider environment.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of information security principles, protocols, standards, and practices.
Desirable (but not essential) skills include:
- Experience of Cirpack voice platform.
- Experience (design/build/operation) with Broadband Subscriber systems.
- Strong understanding of WAN and CPE QoS technologies including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
- Certification in JNCIP/CCNP/NRSII or equivalent.
- Presales experience.
(NB - EC passport or current Irish Stamp work authorisation required - sponsorship is not provided.)
31/10/23 - 12:43
IT Support | Senior/Manager roles | Telecoms