Embedded Engineer Shannon, Co Clare. Permanent position, hybrid role, attractive salary plus full benefits package on offer.
Software Engineer (Embedded), Shannon, Co Clare.
Our client, one of Ireland's largest and most successful electronics companies, is now hiring for the position of Embedded Software Engineer to join them at their facility in Clare. They design, develop and manufacture new electronics products using state of the art technology. They are currently going through a growth phase and expanding their team. The location is within easy commuting distance of Limerick, Ennis or Galway. This is a permanent role in a fast paced R&D product engineering group. This is a hybrid position, with 3 days per week onsite in their facility in Shannon, and 2 days remote.
In this position, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating throughout to bring new products and innovations through development and into volume production. You will be working with a variety of sensor and wireless technologies to develop ranges of interconnected products. Specifically, you will be working on:
- Design and Development of new IoT sensor products
- Design and Development of RF modules to connect these devices
- Collaborating with Electronic Hardware, Mechanical, RF and other engineering teams
- Bringing the new products and features through in-house validation and external approvals (e.g. RED testing)
- Collaborating with the NPI teams to transition the new products and features into high-volume manufacturing
You have excellent communication skills, high energy levels and excellent troubleshooting skills. You have good attention to detail, and you have a BSc in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science etc, and you have at least three years experience developing embedded solutions. Experience of (or interest in) any of the following would be desirable but is not essential:
- Modular C on micros e.g. Microchip PIC, STM32
- Compilers e.g. IAR, XC8
- RF protocol development (proprietary, BLE, LORA, Sigfox or other)
- SCM e.g. Git
- Automated QA tools (e.g. LDRA)
- Low power design, battery powered products
- Smart home and/or IOT technology
- CI/CD pipeline tools e.g. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub Runners
(NB - EC passport or current Irish Stamp work authorisation required - sponsorship is not provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact the recruiter, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679.
21/11/23 - 11:29
Limerick | Midwest
Embedded Engineer | HW Engineer | Software Developer