Principal Network Engineer, hybrid role (2 days on site, 3 days remote), Dublin 17 or Limerick office, very attractive salary + full benefits on offer including bonus, pension etc.
Principal Network Engineer
Our client is dynamic telecoms firms with enviable growth and due to this continued growth is now hiring for the key role of Principal Network Engineer. This is a permanent role and is hybrid, with 2 days office based and 3 days at home. This role can be based in their office location in either Dublin (D17 region) or Limerick. Attractive base salary, bonus, pension, life insurance etc are on offer. The role will encompass the support of network development and evolution, the establishment and implementation of robust network and service management processes, including capacity and performance management. You will provide design and support solutions to multiple areas of the business.
- Drive network development.
- Develop capacity management tools and plan cost effective network growth to stay ahead of traffic demand.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the network by researching future industry trends and ascertain those which may be applicable.
- Develop network roadmaps to align with overall business objectives, showing multi-year iterations of development.
- End-to-end design, planning, implementation, of telecom network solutions.
- Develop and document automation infrastructure and identify opportunities where automation can bring about process efficiencies and lead initiatives to implement.
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of Core / ISP and Broadband Subscriber Network Functions.
- Provide 4th level operational network support.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure compliance to those standards and policies.
- Develop KPIs to accurately manage network capacity/performance and implement a process to ensure proactive monitoring is undertaken.
- Identify and implement plans to resolve recurring failures, showing measurable improvements.
- Work with IT department to ensure network security risks are proactively identified and mitigated.
- Create HLD/LLD documentation as required for network change projects.
- Work with Product Management to improve current products and provide direction on new products.
- Take the lead in technical workshops.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, network KPIs, project forecasts etc.
- Act as mentor to network team members.
You are an experienced network engineer with expert knowledge of service provider networking concepts and theory. Your experience includes designing large scale IP networks, development and evolution, and capacity and performance management. You have fluent spoken English and you have excellent communication skills. Career level is circa 10 – 15 years experience as a network engineer.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, RADIUS.
- Experience with ISP Peering architecture/build/maintenance including understanding of Internet Routing Norms
- Experience (design/build/operation) with Broadband Subscriber systems including RADIUS.
- Strong understanding of WAN and CPE QoS technologies, including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
- Track record of leading successful technical project execution.
- Experience in a network design and operation environment, ideally gained in an ISP or telco environment.
- Experience of scripting languages.
- Excellent understanding of telecoms transmission & routing principles.
Desirable (but not essential) experience includes:
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Juniper & Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent) routers and switches.
- CCIE/JNCIE/Nokia SRA or equivalent industry certification.
- MEF Certification desirable.
(NB - EU passport or current Irish Stamp work authorisation required - sponsorship is not provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this unique career opportunity, please feel free to contact me in the strictest of confidence, and without any obligation at all, as follows:
email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763. You can also contact me via LinkedIn or Twitter as follows:
02/11/23 - 18:39
Dublin | Leinster | Limerick | Midwest | Munster
Architect | IT Support | Telecoms