Platform Cloud Engineer for a company that develops cutting-edge IoT and cloud services solutions for smart energy management.
We are recruiting a Cloud Software Engineer for a Limerick-based company that develops cutting-edge IoT and cloud services solutions for smart energy management. They are a division of that is one of the world’s leading solar panel and smart energy companies and are driving forward innovation in the renewable energy and smart home automation sectors. This role is based in their Limerick office but the company can facilitate working from home a couple of days a week.
In this role, you will be working on a team that combines the latest IoT and cloud technologies to produce solutions for the clean energy market. You will work with stakeholders and the team lead on the design of software products; lead the design and creation of services accessible via APIs; carry out run-time debugging, performance profiling, and optimisation of code; work with the test team to ensure software meets the requirements; create and run automated tests, integration tests and system test scripts; contribute to the design of data streaming services; work close with the DevSecOps team; enable the AI/ML team to deploy optimised pipelines and runtimes; and contribute to clear documentation (functional and APIs).
Applicants for this role should have:
- A degree in computing, software development or engineering
- 5 years of experience working on microservice-based systems
- Strong experience with RESTful/WebSockets/Webhooks APIs
- Experience with Python or NodeJS
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure) using serverless and container deployments (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Experience using Linux and Git
- The ability to design complex data or event-driven systems
- Experience building data streaming services based on Kafka, Spark or similar
- Experience with databases, including time series database such as InfluxDB or TimescaleDB
- Experience with CI/CD/CT tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working in Agile
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Please note: applicants for this role must be authorised to work in Ireland through EU citizenship or an appropriate Irish visa. Visa sponsorship or work permit applications are not supported for this position.
29/05/23 - 14:46
Limerick | Midwest