Test Software Engineer, rapidly expanding multinational luxury automotive group, hybrid/permanent role, Shannon, County Clare, exceptional salary & benefits on offer.
Test Software Engineer
Our client is a rapidlyexpanding multinational high end automotive group, with their global Centre of Excellence based in Shannon, County Clare, Ireland. They design and manufacture autonomous and next generation electric vehicle and the Shannon facility is at the cutting edge of their vision for the future of electric and automated driving vehicles.
They are now hiring a number Test Engineer to join their team. This is a hybrid role, with 3 days per week working from home and 2 days per week on site. Exceptional salary and benefits are on offer, including bonus, pension, healthcare insurance, 25 paid vacation per year, relocation assistance etc.
- Work within Product Engineering Group, across multiple work groups and sub teams.
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Help to develop processes and tools required for bench and vehicle validation function.
- Work with Functional Safety teams to generate safety requirements for testing from the functional requirements.
- Responsible for the design and development of SW test frameworks to enable the verification and validation.
- Responsible for validation of feature software for new products.
- Building test plans, create test tools, use cases, and testing.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews.
- Contribute to the improvement of test infrastructure and frameworks by building tools.
- Operate in Agile Scrum environment.
- Properly document all test procedures, working within the tracking system, and ensuring test results traceability.
- Strong ability to identify and specify test solution requirements based on the project needs.
- Capable of working as a great teammate or independently.
- Self-motivated, flexibility, with strong social skills.
- Minimum 3+ years experience of developing test cases and test automation.
- Strong scripting skills e.g. Python, C & C++.
- Committed team player.
- Experience in the Software Development Lifecycle, V-Model, AGILE.
- Experience in a range of validation and automated testing frameworks.
- Ability to develop and implement test frameworks to enable the test teams to verify functional and non-functional requirements.
- Should have good knowledge of Agile/Scrum, continuous integration and deployment with exposure to GitLab, Jenkins, Jira.
Desirable skills (but not required as training provided):
- Knowledge of vehicle network communication protocols, CAN
- Knowledge of automotive control units in a car
- Knowledge of implementing gherkin
- Knowledge of Automotive HIL test tools e.g dspace Automation desk/control desk or Vector CANoe
- Experience in embedded Linux.
- Experience of Autosar.
- Experience in testing automotive diagnostics and software download protocols.
- Experience in testing in virtual embedded environments.
- Knowledge of ISO26262.
- Experience in Testing Asil Rated Software.
(NB - EC passport or current Irish work authorisation required - sponsorship is NOT provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via linkedin or twitter as follows:
11/03/23 - 11:41
Limerick | Midwest | Munster
Embedded Engineer | HW Engineer | Test / QA