Technical Support Engineer, full time permanent role, hybrid role, Limerick.
Technical Support Engineer
Our client is a leading high-tech company in the application of IoT to Demand Response and Energy Management solutions, helping their partners deliver large installations worldwide. They are entering a high growth stage that is accelerated by the current energy environment and the quality of their solutions, so they are now hiring an ambitious and experienced Technical Support Engineer to join their team in Limerick, and to play a key part in their scaling efforts. This is a hybrid role (i.e. 3 days per week onsite, 2 days per week from home office). Career level is circa 2 – 4 years professional work experience.
- Research and identify solutions to hardware and software issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including hardware setup and network configurations
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. engineering, software dev)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal documentation or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Fluent spoken and written English essential
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Circa 2 - 4 years of proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Strong ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- High-level understanding of networks and some experience of scripting
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Background or interest in electronics engineering or an understanding of electronics principles is desirable
- Hands-on experience with IoT devices is a plus!
(NB - EU passport or current Irish Stamp work authorisation required - sponsorship is NOT provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679.
You can also contact me via linkedin or twitter as follows:
20/03/23 - 16:44
Limerick | Midwest | Munster