Senior Model Based Developer rapidly expanding multinational luxury automotive group, hybrid/permanent role, Shannon, County Clare, exceptional salary & benefits on offer
Senior Model Based Developer
We are a rapidlyexpanding multinational luxury automotive group, with our global Centre of Excellence based in Shannon, County Clare, Ireland. We design and manufacture autonomous and next generation electric vehicle and the Shannon facility is at the cutting edge of our vision for the future of electric and automated driving vehicles.
We are now hiring for the role of Senior Model Based Developerto join our rapidly growing R&D team in our new Shannon based facility. This is a hybrid role (2 days per week on site), and very attractive salary and benefits are on offer, including bonus, pension, healthcare insurance, 25 paid vacation per year, relocation assistance etc.
The responsibilities of this role will include the design, development and delivery of in-house software modules. This will involve gathering requirements, analysis, controls strategy design, development and execution of the validation process and the associated simulation environments. You will be required to work on the definition, design and implementation of the control software in an AUTOSAR compliant framework, and the delivery of embedded control algorithms, diagnostics and base controller calibration.
- Software development experience in Automotive or Aerospace domain
- Excellent first-principles understanding of control system design, engineering principles and the software development lifecycle
- Strong experience in control algorithm development using MathWorks toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) for real time applications
- Experience with auto code generation tools such as dSPACE TargetLink, Embedded Coder.
- Experience with AUTOSAR compliant framework in model-based environment
- Working experience in embedded software programming C or C++
- Experience in MIL, SIL and PIL testing
- Knowledge of automotive diagnostics and related tools (CANalyzer/CANoe, CANape, diagnostics tools etc.)
- Experience of component, system, vehicle level issue investigations and problem-solving mechanisms. (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc.)
- Knowledge of vehicle network communications (CAN, Flexray, LIN), ECUs and electronics
- Degree in Electronics, Software, Automotive / Aerospace engineering or similar, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of working in an Agile product development environment
- Knowledge of control theory
- Understanding of Autosar software architectures.
- Experience in applying systems engineering principles and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Experience in defining network communication requirements to support the deployment of body control systems
- Knowledge of HIL test, vehicle test and rapid prototyping.
(NB - EC passport or current Irish work authorisation required - sponsorship is NOT provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via linkedin or twitter as follows:
10/03/23 - 16:05
Limerick | Midwest | Munster
Embedded Engineer | Software Developer