Electronic Engineer, growing IoT firm in Limerick, hybrid role.
Our client is a leading high-tech company in the application of IoT to Demand Response and Energy Management solutions, helping our partners deliver large installations worldwide. They are entering a high growth stage that is accelerated by the current energy environment and the quality of their solutions, so they are now hiring an ambitious and experienced Electronics engineer to join their team in Limerick, and to play a key part in their scaling efforts. This is a hybrid role (i.e. 2 days per week onsite, 3 days per week from home office). however they are flexible on this issue, as they care about performance and output rather than tracking hours or looking over your shoulder!
This role will involve working in a close-knit team environment, reporting into the CTO:
- You will design microcontroller based electronic circuit boards, including schematics and layout for high reliability and for harsh industrial environments.
- Design the next generation Demand Response and Energy Management products.
- Perform modifications to existing electronic designs to optimise cost and manufacturability.
- Design and implement firmware for microcontroller-based electronics using C
- Participate in the design and review process with other engineers.
- Collaborate with engineers and service personnel to debug and resolve issues.
- Follow standards and industry best practices to improve system performance and safety.
- System testing & debugging using JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD).
- Create technical specification documents for electronic products.
- Bring new products through certification and safety testing in multiple locations
- Degree in Electronic Engineering
- Ambition and willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to contribute to a positive work and company culture.
- Previous experience in Electronic Engineering or embedded/firmware engineering.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging equipment.
- Experience in embedded firmware development with C.
- Ability to deliver both small independent projects and larger team-based projects.
(NB - EU passport or current Irish Stamp work authorisation required - sponsorship is NOT provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679.
You can also contact me via linkedin or twitter as follows:
24/04/23 - 12:29
Limerick | Midwest | Munster
Electronics | Embedded Engineer | HW Engineer