Senior Systems Engineer, rapidly expanding multinational high end automative group, hybrid/permanent roles, Shannon, County Clare, exceptional salary & benefits on offer.
Senior Systems Engineer
Our client is a rapidlyexpanding multinational high end automotive group, with their global Centre of Excellence based in Shannon, County Clare, Ireland. They design and manufacture autonomous and next generation electric vehicle and the Shannon facility is at the cutting edge of their vision for the future of electric and automated driving vehicles.
They are now hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to join their rapidly growing R&D team in their Shannon based team. This is a hybrid role (1 - 2 days per week on site), and very attractive salary and benefits are on offer, including bonus, pension, healthcare insurance, 25 paid vacation per year, relocation assistance etc.
You will be working within a multi-disciplinary product team who are responsible for creating and developing new (and improving existing) location service products. You will be leading technical aspects of the engineering tasks and supporting the Product Owner in identifying creative ways to maximize the delivery of the product roadmap and backlog, whilst recognizing dependencies, gaps and risks. You will be deploying and delivering innovative service solutions to enhance vehicle performance and driver experiences for our customers. The role requires a strong system level understanding of the functionality and use cases of Vehicle Positioning, Electronic Horizon and Map Data across in-vehicle applications.
You will need to be proficient working within a multi-disciplinary product team to define the system design and requirements for vehicle positioning and electronic horizon services. The role requires a strong system level understanding of the functionality and use cases of Vehicle Positioning, Electronic Horizon and Map Data across in-vehicle applications. As this is a role that needs a strong level of communication you must be proficient in facilitating stakeholder collaboration as requested in order to put the customer needs first.
- Working experience of applying a Systems Engineering mindset to solve complex technical issues using a structured approach - ideally within the Automotive Sector.
- Working experience of system design definition, system architecture development and requirement specification.
- An appreciation of modelling for system prototyping, system simulation and system validation.
- Experience of working in an Agile product development environment and using tools such as Confluence & JIRA
- Knowledge of the use case surrounding location services (Vehicle Positioning, Electronic Horizon and Map Data) across vehicle applications to improve customer experiences such as Navigation, Assisted and Automated Driving and Energy Optimisation.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience in the delivery of Vehicle Positioning or Electronic Horizon systems, through the system engineering life cycle, including requirement elicitation, interface definition verification and validation.
- Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody, Dassault Systems Catia Magic or similar toolset
- Experience in IBM Rational DOORS, Dassault Systems TRM or similar toolset
- Experience in using Matlab & Simulink
(NB - EC passport or current Irish work authorisation required - sponsorship is NOT provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via linkedin or twitter as follows:
23/02/23 - 16:05
Galway | Limerick | Midwest | Munster
Electronics | Embedded Engineer | HW Engineer | Project Manager/BA