IT Support Engineer role. Windows server, VMWare, Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange and PowerShell experience required. Leading multinational company with competitive salary and benefits package.
We have a great new opportunity for an IT Support Engineer with Windows server and VMWare experience in Limerick city. The role is based in a multinational company that is one of the city’s leading and largest employers. It offers experienced engineer the chance to work in a large, busy, multinational company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note: this is not a remote or hybrid role and will require you to work on-site in Limerick five days a week.
In this role you will provide support for Windows Server 2008 – 2019 and VMWare 6.7 and above. This will include monitoring system performance and event logs, Active Directory user management, working with SCCM, Exchange admin, applying system and security patches, managing queues within a ticketing system, resolving Level 2 server and Level 3 desktop tickets, disaster recovery testing etc.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A third-level qualification in IT support OR relevant IT support certifications
- At least 5-6 years of recent experience providing server support on the Windows platform
- Proven experience of providing IT support to large numbers of end users in a large, busy company
- Experience supporting Windows server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Experience with VMWare and PowerShell/PowerCli
- Experience with Active Directory, SCCM and Exchange server
- Knowledge of AWS would be an advantage to have
- Experience of working within a ticketed support role
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- A strong customer support ethic
- Proven ability to work well as part of an IT support team
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with engineers and end users
- Fluent written and spoken English
Please note: applicants for this role must be authorised to work in Ireland. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
21/03/23 - 10:44
Limerick | Midwest