Junior Performance Test Engineer with a leading US software company. Remote role (within Ireland). 1 + yrs experience in Performance Testing, Software Testing or Linux Systems Admin required.
We have a new role for a Junior Performance Test Engineer with a US software company that has had a long-established R&D office in Limerick. This is a remote role that can be worked from anywhere within Ireland with occasional physical meetings in Limerick.
The company offers an open, friendly and supportive team environment in which you would be working alongside technically strong peers. They provide a competitive benefits package for employees and opportunities for career advancement.
In this role, you will work as part of the Performance team that benchmarks the company’s software products against agreed SLAs. This will include analysing server-side resources and key areas of the product, creating performance scripts with JMeter, writing Linux scripts to extract data, carrying out root-cause analysis and problem solving of performance issues, as well as researching new methods and approaches.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar technical IT discipline
- At least one year of experience working in a professional Performance or Software Test role
- Knowledge of JMeter
- Experience writing and reading scripts, ideally in Python, or other language
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work in a team environment
- Fluent written and spoken English
- It would be an advantage to applicants to have experience with some of the following: test tools like Selenium, Linux/Unix scripting, database operations and management, Atlassian tools (e.g. JIRA and Confluence), Excel
Please note:Applicants for this role must be authorised to work in Ireland. Visa sponsorship or applications for work permit are not available for this position
23/11/22 - 16:34
Limerick | Midwest | Remote work from home office
Software Developer | Test / QA