C#/.NET Software Engineer. Based in the R&D department of a large, successful Irish company working on IoT technologies. Located in Shannon, Co. Clare.
We are recruiting a Software Engineer with .NET experience for one of Ireland's largest and most successful electronics companies. They have a large facility in Shannon, Co.Clare, within easy commuting distance of Limerick city. In recent years, the company has been expanding into the IoT and home connectivity markets. This role is part of the R&D function of the business and is based within a growing Cloud Operations and Development Team. It offers developers the chance to work within a large, successful Irish company that sells its products worldwide and that offers a competitive benefits package and opportunities for career advancement.
In this role you will contribute to the design and development of new online products and new features. You will design, implement and manage a cloud database and portal, APIs for customer and external partner use, and iOS and Android apps. As part of the R&D team, you will also play a key role in generating ideas for new features and products.
Applicants for this role need to have:
- A degree in computer science or similar related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience developing applications deployed to the cloud (ideally to AWS)
- Experience developing in .NET and C#
- Experience creating and maintaining SQL Server databases
- Experience working with and creating APIs
- An understanding of Entity framework and web technologies
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Amazon ECS
- Knowledge of internet security and privacy standards
- An interest in new technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- It would be an advantage to also have experience in any of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP, Angular, Node, mobile app development, web frameworks and libraries (e.g. jQuery, Bootstrap), GSM-based IoT technology, IS027001
Please note: Applicants for this role must be authorised to work in Ireland through EU citizenship or an appropriate visa. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
29/11/22 - 15:35
Limerick | Midwest