Lead Server/Backend Developer, rapidly expanding FinTech software company in the Tipp/Limerick region. Permanent role, hybrid role (3 days on site and 2 days remote per week), amazing career prospects + extremely generous benefits package.
Lead Server/Backend Developer
Our client is a rapidly expanding USA FinTech software company in the Tipp/Limerick region. This is a hybrid role offering an upper quartile salary plus full benefit package.
Exciting opportunity to build and lead a brand new team and to drive the right approach from the very start. You will work on new technology at a highly innovative fintech company and with a tangible product that you'll see in the hands of our customers every week. We care about you and your career, with a strong focus on your personal growth and progression.
As a Lead Server Software Developer / Engineer, you will contribute to the design, implementation and support of new features / functionality. You will collaborate with a team of engineers to design and build best-in-class experiences for our users. You will partner with product and engineering leads to scope, architect and execute on key features/enhancements that will reshape how our users access our products and services. As part of this process, the team will be building new microservices from the ground up.
In this role you will identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development. You will implement new applications as needed and you will take ownership of the new product from development through deployment and production monitoring. You will collaborate with Web/Android Developers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed.
- Experience in web development.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to gather and define requirements, and
- translate them into functional and maintainable software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Several years of experience with server-side programming in Java (Java 8 or later)
- Experience with MySQL and JDBC
- Excellent understanding and experience of Microservices with Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Experience developing REST web services, and understanding of client tools such as Postman and cURL.
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments.
- Experience working in high performance Agile Scrum teams.
- Experience with distributed computing.
Desirable (but not essential) skills include:
- Experience with JPA, such as Hibernate
- Experience with TLS and certificate management in Java (SSL)
- Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG
- Understanding of DevOps principles.
- Financial services background/fintech experience
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
(NB - EC passport or current Irish work authorisation required - sponsorship is not provided.)
To find out more about this unique career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via LinkedIn or Twitter as follows:
19/05/22 - 10:31
Limerick | Midwest | Munster | Tipperary