Senior Software Engineer, Limerick
Our client is a well-established international company in the fast paced international software sector. Due to continued expansion, they have retained PBRecruitment to hire a Senior Software Engineer for their growing team in Limerick. This is a permanent role, it is a hybrid role (2 days in the office and 3 days remote per week).
If you have a strong passion for software technology, with a desire to develop your responsibilities further by mentoring and leading an engineering team within an Agile operating model this could be your perfect next role! Very attractive salary, amazing career prospects and full benefits on offer.
This role will initially start off as a Senior Software Engineer role but will quickly evolve into more of a Team Lead role (with 70% team leadership and 30% coding.) As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the design and implementation of complete features or new products within a scrum team. Key responsibilities include:
- Building releases of software applications for testing, regression and deployment
- Implementing software modules.
- Writing unit level test cases for software modules implemented.
- Testing software modules
- Communicating with the Software Architect on issues resulting from implementing the proposed architecture and suggesting solutions.
- Writing use cases for functionalities.
- Mentoring/ Leading Software Engineers. You will play an important role in mentoring and leading our outsourced engineers - a team of 11 developers who are located abroad.
- Solid working experience as a software developer, demonstrating skills at an advanced/ senior level
- Strong experience in Java
- Strong knowledge of web technologies - HTML, CSS
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API
- Good knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
- Strong knowledge of SQL including stored procedures
- Strong background in agile methodology
- A desire to develop into a team leadership role
Desirable (but not essential) skills include:
- Experience in Java 8
- MangoDB experience
(Please note that sponsorship is not available, all candidates must already be authorised to work in Ireland.)
To find out more about this unique career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via LinkedIn or Twitter as follows:
05/05/22 - 12:41
Limerick | Midwest | Munster