Software Engineering Manager, Shannon, Co Clare, hybrid role (3 days on site, 2 days remote), attractive salary + benefits on offer
Software Engineering Manager, Shannon, Co Clare.
Our client is a fast-paced high technology automation company working with multinational customers in the FDA regulated manufacturing sector. Based in Shannon in County Clare, they are currently hiring for the key role of Software Engineering Manager. This is a hybrid role, typically with 3 days on site and 2 days remote. Attractive salary + benefits on offer including pension, bonus etc, 23 days holidays etc.
This role is responsible for the management of a Software Engineering team to deliver on the full lifecycle of software integration projects for automation solutions, this encompasses requirements gathering, code development and testing. You will have responsibility for leading and managing a team of around 20 engineers, through 5 Team Leaders, along with multiple 3rd party software partners.
The role will encompass planning project deliverables and software architecture strategies aligned with project goals. You will work with the Commercial department to ensure appropriate platform selection and cost at concept and proposal stage, and you will create and manage trusted international third-party software development supply channels.
You will ensure on time delivery of both new development and recommissioned software solutions, and you will oversee a portfolio of concurrent projects involving diverse technologies, devices and software skillsets at their core.
- 10+ years in similar role or related role.
- Proven track record of leading a team of software engineers.
- Project/Program management experience.
- Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience of leading embedded and/or electronics teams/projects.
- Knowledge in development of large scale automation and IOT software solutions.
- Experience in driving organisational development and change.
- EC citizenship or current Irish work permit (sponsorship is not available).
Advantage (but not required):
- Programming experience in Robotics, Vision & Scada systems.
- Machine Systems Design.
- Allen Bradley products (or other PLC) knowledge
- Industry 4.0 systems design and or deployment.
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical.
- Knowledge and/or experience in 21 CFR Part 11 implementation.
- Experience of working on automation projects
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact the recruiter, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679.
17/11/23 - 12:22
Limerick | Midwest
Senior/Manager roles | Software Developer