Senior Network Engineer required for high profile telecoms company. Attractive salary, hybrid role, with one day per week on site and 4 days from home office. Full benefits on offer including pension, health insurance etc.
Senior Network Engineer
Our client is a dynamic telecoms firm with enviable growth and due to this continued growth are now hiring a senior Network Engineer. The company provides a fast-paced and challenging customer-oriented environment and they are committed to continuous learning and development for all employees. Attractive salary, hybrid role, with one day per week on site and 4 days from home office. Full benefits on offer including pension, health insurance etc.
- End-to-end design, planning, implementation, and support of telecom network solutions
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of Core Network Functions.
- Provide 3rd level operational network support.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations.
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework.
- Take the lead in technical workshops.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, network KPIs, project forecasts etc.
- Act as mentor to network team members
- Minimum of 5 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Juniper and/or Alcatel Lucent routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF or RADIUS
- Experience with ISP Peering maintenance and troubleshooting, including understanding of Internet Routing Norms
- Strong understanding of WAN and CPE QoS technologies including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
Desirable (but not essential) skills include:
- Experience (design/build/operation) with Broadband Subscriber systems including RADIUS.
- Certification of JNCIP/CCNP/NRSII or equivalent
- MEF Certification
(NB - EC passport or current Irish work authorisation required - sponsorship is not provided.)
If you would like to find out more, please feel free to contact me in the strictest of confidence, and without any obligation at all, as follows:
email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone : + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via LinkedIn or twitter as follows:
12/05/22 - 12:20
Limerick | Midwest | Munster | Remote work from home office
IT Support | Telecoms