Automation/Controls Engineer, Shannon, Co. Clare. 2+ years experience with automation, PLCs, Allen Bradley, Robotics and VB/.NET.
Our client is a well-established Irish company that creates custom automation and tooling solutions for some of the world’s leading manufacturers. They are based in Shannon, Co. Clare, within easy commuting distance of Limerick city. They design and build bespoke solutions to automate complex production processes and are currently seeking a Controls Engineer to help develop innovative solutions for their multinational clients.
In this role you will work on automated projects that combine software development, working on PLCs, Robotics and Cobotics. You will work closely with mechanical and electrical engineers through the life cycle of projects. Your role will include sourcing and evaluating new automation technologies and contributing to continuous improvement projects. You will occasionally need to travel to customer sites for installations and support.
Applicants for this role need to have:
- A degree in Automation, Electronics, IT or similar technical field
- At least 2 years of professional experience working on automation projects
- Experience programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience with Allen Bradley systems
- Programming experience with Robotics, Vision or Scada systems
- Experience with VB or .NET programming
- An understanding of all stages of the SDLC
- A full, clean driving license
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience working in FDA regulated areas such as Pharma or Medical Devices would be an advantage to have
Please note: applicants for this role must be authorised to work in Ireland. Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
19/10/21 - 12:08
Limerick | Midwest