Senior IT and Cloud Support Engineer role in a leading multinational company. Based in East Clare, within easy commuting distance of Limerick city
We have a great opportunity for a senior IT support engineer with cloud experience to join a highly-successful global company. Our client is a leading multinational company that employs more than 11,000 people across more than 40 countries worldwide. They are seeking to hire a Senior IT Systems and Cloud Engineer to support their IT infrastructure in their East Clare site, which is located within easy commuting distance of both Limerick city.
The company offers a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes health insurance that covers dependents, a pension scheme and performance bonus.
In this role you will deliver infrastructure solutions and provide support for storage, backups, virtualization, security and cloud platforms. This will include leading projects that combine on-site infrastructure and cloud technologies, developing automation strategies to improve productivity, identifying innovative and sustainable solutions to business needs and for continuous improvement, and collaborating with technology teams to support new initiatives involving Machine Leaning, AI and IoT.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computing or similar relevant technical area
- At least 7 years of experience working in IT infrastructure support roles such as System Administration, DevOps or Systems Engineer
- Broad technical experience across Windows server, storage, backup, cloud platforms and security
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Comprehensive experience in backup and recovery technologies and tools (e.g. Veeam, Azure Recovery Services, Cohesity)
- Strong experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, HyperV and vSan storage
- Experience working with storage technologies such as NetApp and cloud/hybrid services
- Experience with Powershell
- Admin level experience with Active Directory
- Networking knowledge, including the IP stack, load balancing and firewalls
- Experience managing projects in a global support environment, coordinating with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Please note: applicants for this role must be authorised to work in Ireland. Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
19/10/21 - 12:05
Limerick | Midwest