Site Reliability Engineer with a leading fintech company. Based in north Tipperary, within commuting distance (30 minutes) of Limerick city.
Our client is a large global financial technology company that employs people in more than 100 countries around the world. They are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join their team in Ireland. The position is based in north Tipperary, within commuting distance (30 minutes) of Limerick city. This is an opportunity to work in a busy global software company that offers great career prospects, competitive salary, a great benefits package and the chance to work with highly experienced peers.
In this role you will use tools such as Puppet, Terraform and Docker to create self-provisioning infrastructure. You will create PaaS environments that allows subsets of architecture to be cleanly created and destroyed. You will work within a continuous deployment ecosystem that allows the company to operate at scale and lead continuous improvement by automating installation, configuration and maintenance of services. You will define key metrics and SLAs for new web services to support traffic growth, and also design and implement monitoring and alerts for application SLAs. You will act as an SME for the cloud-native stack for a DevSecOps team. You will provide live operation support when required.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A degree in computer science or engineering
- At least 4 years of experience working with technical cloud environments and automation
- A deep understanding of scripting languages such as Ruby, Python and Bash
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#
- An understanding of networking and web concepts, including the ability to debug issues at the packet level
- Experience with distributed systems and scaling them
- Experience with some or all of the following: Linux admin, Python, Java, bash, shell, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL admin, Encryption, security, TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, Git admin and monitoring with TCollector/DataDog/Grafana
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Please note: applicants for this role must be authorised to work in Ireland through EU/EEA citizenship or a Stamp 4 Irish visa.
19/10/21 - 12:04
Limerick | Midwest | Tipperary
Cloud | DevOps