Senior Software Engineer role with a leading software solutions company. Based in Limerick city centre. 5+ years of Java experience required.
Our client is a leading software solutions company whose products are used by large, well-known companies in 21 countries worldwide. Their headquarters are in the UK but they have a well-established and long-running development centre in Limerick city centre. They are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with strong Java experience to join their Limerick team. This is an opportunity to work in a successful software company on solutions that are deployed to customers around the world. The company offers a positive, collaborative working environment and a competitive benefits package.
In this role you will design and development enhancements to the company’s suite of products. This will include technical software design, estimation for complex work packages and guiding and leading and mentoring software engineers.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A degree in computing or software engineering
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience working on large-scale, complex systems
- Strong Java development skills
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with databases, data modelling and SQL
- An understanding of web services like SOAP and REST
- Knowledge of refactoring and design patterns
- Software design and analysis experience
- Experience guiding/mentoring junior developers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and the ability to collaborate with and motivate team members
- Fluent written and spoken English
It would be useful to also have experience in: Java Swing, test automation, test driven development, Agile and Lean, continuous delivery techniques and DB2.
Please note:applicants for this role should be authorised to work in Ireland through EU/EEA citizenship or a long-term Stamp 4 visa.
19/10/21 - 12:03
Limerick | Midwest