Data Scientist working on large complex data sets n a financial technology company based in north Tipperary, within driving distance of Limerick city,
Our client is a large global fintech company that employs people in more than 100 countries around the world. They now have an opening in their Irish office for a Data Scientist. This is great opportunity to work in a busy software company that offers great career prospects, a comprehensive benefits package and experienced peers. The position is based in north Tipperary, within commuting distance (30 minutes) of Limerick city.
In this role, you will contribute to the design of an analytics platform and services to support data-driven products. You will work with other data scientists, developers and products teams to design and build new product and services. You will use advanced statistics to measure the performance of AI in complex systems and develop classifiers and recommenders for use in machine learning. You will test and evaluate models and approaches, process and verify data for analysis and work with engineers and architects on integration.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A degree in maths, engineering, computer science or similar technical field. A Masters or PhD in statistics or maths would be an advantage to applicants.
- At least three years of recent experience working in a data science role in a technology company
- At least two years of recentexperience in a statistics-related role
- Proven experience of processing and storing large complex data set in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience with relational databases, proficient in SQL queries and data manipulation.
- Knowledge of Python and/or R.
- Experience with BI tools such as PowerBI, Qlik or Tableau.
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hive, Impala, PySpark and Hadoop.
- Experience with the Python data science stack framework and libraries would be an advantage to have
- Strong communication, inter-personal skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams and functions within a company.
- Fluent written and spoken English
10/05/21 - 13:00
Limerick | Midwest | Tipperary