Senior AWS Cloud Support Engineer, rapidly expanding software company in the Castletroy, Limerick region. Permanent role, amazing career prospects + extremely generous benefits package.
Senior AWS Cloud Support Engineer
We are a USA software company and a global leader in the exciting risk analytics and data-management sector, with regional offices worldwide, including our new R&D offices in Castletroy in Limerick. Growing rapidly, we are now looking to hire a number of experienced Cloud Support Engineers to join our team in Limerick. Great opportunity to work with the latest in AWS cloud technology and excellent salary and benefits on offer, including 25 days of holiday, health care for yourself and family, dental and life insurance, training, pension etc in addition the option is available to work two days a week from your home office in Ireland.
Working as part of a global technical team, you will ensure that the overall service (such as tools and infrastructure) is available, and meeting agreed service level requirements, for our AWS and other solutions for our clients. You will be mentoring the Cloud Operations Analysts in the team in Limerick and you will manage appropriate incidents (and problems) through to resolution, referring and escalating to other resolver groups as required. You will build new customer environments and on-board clients (liaising with client-facing teams) and you will be involved in new code from our Development/Product/DevOps teams. You will deliver changes to operational environments (within framework of release and change management processes) and you will ensure support for our culture of continuous improvement, including identifying areas for potential improved automation and feeding back to relevant teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or similar qualification
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, with an ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non- technical people
- Good awareness of security and confidentiality issues and experience of identifying security vulnerabilities
- At least 5+ years in a technical support environment for a managed infrastructure or cloud-based solution provider operating
- Strong knowledge of public cloud architecture (preferably AWS)
- Strong Linux skills and supreme troubleshooting skills including experience of writing scripts.
- Experience with a variety of cloud technologies and familiarity with industry landscape and trends.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, scaling and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
Nice to have (but not essential) skills include:
- Oracle autonomous database
- Experience of working in distributed teams across multiple time-zones and different jurisdictions
- Hands-on experience with tools managing the cloud environment including - Jenkins, Datadog, AWS cloudwatch, logz.io, sysadmin skills and
- A passion for automation; strong coding skills in at least one modern programming language (such as Java/Go/Python/Ruby etc).
- Configuration management experience e.g. Puppet, Chef, cfengine, Fabric, Ansible, Salt etc.).
- Experience with large scale OLTP and OLAP deployments.
- Experience with data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
(NB - EC passport or current Irish work authorisation required, e.g. Stamp 4 or stamp 1G)
To find out more about this unique career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via LinkedIn or Twitter as follows:
03/05/21 - 15:14
Limerick | Midwest | Munster
Cloud | DevOps | IT Support | Software Developer