Embedded Software Manager, expanding USA technology company, permanent role, Limerick city centre. Senior role, attractive salary + full benefits package.
Embedded Software Manager (Limerick)
Our client is a dynamic USA company who are a leading technology solutions provider, helping their customers build, manage, optimize and secure their IT infrastructure. Due to continued growth, they now have an immediate requirement for an Embedded Software Manager. This is a newly created role and is a great opportunity to join the senior management team at a critical point in their planned growth globally. Attractive salary and benefits are on offer.
In this position you will be managing all aspects of a medium to large embedded software development team, mostly based in Limerick, Ireland. You will manage and prioritize embedded software resource allocation to projects and you will lead and manage best practice project and process development within the embedded software team and ensure that processes are followed. Your role will include managing project budgets, taking part in software architecture development within the team and with the other teams and co-ordination of work with other teams both on-site and off-site.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electronic Engineering
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Good people management skills
- 5-10 years for leading and managing projects.
- Good knowledge of C/C++ programming, with solid embedded debugging skills
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
- Experience in the full software development cycle within a project based environment
- Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills and with the ability to work unaided
- Linux/UNIX development skills (ideally in an embedded environment) including networking, scripting and socket programming
- Some development experience with Embedded Linux Kernel and Device Drivers
- Familiar with video and audio codecs such as MPEG4 and JPEG
- Familiar with USB protocols
- Possess a thorough understanding of protocol stack concepts and architecture
(NB - sponsorship is not provided.)
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone: + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via linkedin or twitter as follows:
18/03/21 - 16:17
Limerick | Midwest | Munster
Embedded Engineer | Project Manager/BA | Senior/Manager roles | Software Developer