Senior Software Performance Engineer, rapidly expanding FinTech software company in the Tipp/Limerick region. Permanent role, amazing career prospects + extremely generous benefits package.
Senior Software Performance Engineer
Our client is a rapidly expanding USA FinTech software company in the Tipp/Limerick region. This is a permanent role offering an upper quartile salary plus full benefit package.
You will be a key member of the Cloud Platform team, who are driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will define, develop and perform performance/scalability benchmarks on various micro-services deployed to the Cloud and you will be working with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck for a range of server/web and android devices. You will implement and improve sizing and capacity calculators for key applications on the cloud.
- 6+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modelling of system behaviour under load
- Hands-on experience creating load and performance scenarios driven by user behaviours and patterns
- Ability to design and script out complex performance tests using tools such as Gatling Locust.io
- Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools, pstack, JProfiler, YourKit (Java)
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Experience of coding (e.g. Python, Java, or C/C++)
- Experience of distributed computing system and stack
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in SaaS, Microservice, CloudNative software companies and projects
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, GCP/AWS, GIT, Artifactory, in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Ability to extend performance-testing frameworks (preferably a locust.io python framework)
- Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
- Experience with enterprise software capacity planning a big plus
(NB - EC passport or current Irish Stamp 4 work authorisation required - sponsorship is not provided.)
To find out more about this unique career opportunity, please feel free to contact me, Philip Brady, MD, in the strictest of confidence, by email at Philip@pbrecruitment.ie, or phone + 353 61 450 679, or mobile + 353 86 243 0763.
You can also contact me via LinkedIn or Twitter as follows:
03/01/21 - 11:43
Limerick | Midlands | Midwest | Munster | Tipperary
Architect | Other | Project Manager/BA | Software Developer | Test / QA